Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Birthday, A Cat, A Dog & New Shoes

So with a birthday comes, an outfit of the day and family visits accompanied with a special puppy visitor! As previously mentioned, today is my sister Sarah's 17th birthday so to celebrate we had family round as usual and then we went out for a meal at TGI's woo woo! I think it was in the 30's in terms of heat today so outfit wise (OOTD) I chose something light and breezy.. this being my new leopard bandeau courtesy of my mamma jacks from Asda(?) I believe and my grey speckled skater skirt from Topshop. I covered up later on with a sheer white shirt, far too hot in the garden to be taking photographs with it on hehe! Hercules, the neighbours cat, likes to join me in the garden since we don't have rabbits anymore and he has quickly become my bezzie mate and waits at the end of the garden for me every day.. clearly working the "look to the left" pose. 



Cross & Coin necklace from the Asos sale, £3 and I got the last one! I do love a bargain! 
Being a birthday occasion and all, I thought it only fair to take my new shoesies out for a brief walk (from the car into the restaurant, har har). I got these from ASOS this week, and as soon as I saw them on the website I knew I had to have them.. tortoise shell is my weakness. As they're patent, I wasn't sure that I could wear them casually with completely everything but I'm more than likely to be wearing them for dressy events so that was no longer a concern and when it comes to shoes you can't spend too much time weighing up the cons, cause if they're pretty then they're sold in my opinion! They were £45 on Asos and in my opinion they're really worth the money.. I'm so impressed with how nice and chunky the platforms are, and the tortoise shell effect is really pretty and different. 



 They're also suuuuupes comfy, despite your thoughts on patent being stiff and uncomfortable, they're actually soft and pliable and don't stick to your feet while it's hot. I'm very close to buying the second pair which have a checkered/plaid pattern for a more casual look as I love them that much!! 

Anyway, enough about shoes.. please enjoy the following photos of some cute animals! As mentioned, Hercules is my next door neighbour's cat.. he is very dim and not the brightest cat in the litter but he's cute and he snuggles on me so I love him! The second cute critter is little Bella who my cousin looks after from time to time when her mummy's go away so she came round for a visit today for my sisters birthday! I have to say, I did prefer her when she was a tiny puppy and slept under my chin for the night, but she's still a cutie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment