Monday 10 June 2013

Charli XCX and Nineties Fever

So on the 19th april, I went to see Charli XCX at the Deaf Institute in Manchester and ever since I have listened to her every single day! I had heard of Charli when "Stay Away" came about and then I decided to download her mixtapes and have loved them ever since. She had an entertaining stage routine with plenty of hair flips and hip swaying which was fun and refreshing to watch rather than an artist stood still in the middle of the stage.

I luckily had the chance to meet Charli after the gig when she came out into the venue after the set and take a photo with her and one of my best friends. We have a thing about "hun" posing, involving pouty lips and crossed fingers, so we thought it only fair to recruit her into the hun business and make her copy our "there's-a-camera-out" reflex pose.
Excited or Scared? Hun Pose with Charli and Jade
Her music carries such a big nineties vibe and it's impossible to not love her. My personal favourites are "Velvet Dreaming (LUV)" from the Super Ultra Mixtape, "Take My Hand" and "Cloud Aura" from the True Romance album released earlier this year. If her music isn't to your taste, maybe her amazing nineties styled attires will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment