Thursday 13 June 2013

Skin Decorations

It's coming up to 2 weeks since I got my last tattoo! I had wanted a "maritime" style tattoo for some time as I love the classic design and my grandmother was an evacuee from Guernsey in the 1940's so throughout her life she has had a love for large ships and to me that gave me extra reason to get my tattoo. I drew up the wheel and anchor design myself roughly and the tattoo artist was able to develop it and I was so pleased!
Still slightly swollen a few hours after having it done
The tattoo took about an hour and 45 minutes altogether from outline to shading and let me tell you, a needle in your ribs is not the most delightful experience but it was definitely worth the pain and giving myself love bites on my arms from chewing down that hard to stop myself from squealing in agony! I really enjoy the look of the black and white and I don't think I will ever be bored with it. The overall healing process has been fairly easy, I stayed away from the clingfilm method and just washed and moisturised it at the start and end of every day for a full week and this week I have been able to just apply a thinner moisturiser a few times a day and it has been fine. I feel like the tattoo might peel off again before it is fully healed but it feels almost completely flat to my skin now and I can't wait to flash it about on the town (harhar)!

Today, almost fully healed

No comments:

Post a Comment