Friday 23 August 2013

The Pros and Cons of Acrylic Nails

So for a little b'day pampering, I treated myself to a set of acrylic oval/pointed nails at my local "Perfect Nails" (classic name). Being not much of a girly girl, I very very rarely get my nails done or anything like that so these things happen once in a blue moon for an occasion or birthday. I decided to follow the trend of the oval/stiletto/pointed nail shape, as seen on Gaga and Lana Del Rey, and the little chinese lady got them exactly how I wanted! They're not too pointed or sharp but have the slightly elongated oval shape, so I don't injure myself or others...

I'm always a moaner on the first day of having longer nails, you can't undo your buttons or pick anything up without a struggle.. and don't even bother trying to type on your touchscreen phone with them, let alone a computer keyboard. Anyway, you get used to manoeuvring differently with them the longer you've had them on and you learn to do things with the pads of your fingers rather than your actual nail. 

The main thing is, they look pretty, you feel more polished and girly, and you have the confidence that your life has some kind of structure when you have the time to have a little self indulgence in the form of beauty and personal appearance!

Midi Rings & Rug!

No comments:

Post a Comment