Wednesday 14 August 2013

Music Picks of the Week..

My music tastes are extremely varied and change by the day, so I thought I would share what I'm listening to the most this week! I work in an office doing design and I find that having my headphones in helps me to "get in the zone" and concentrate on my work and creativity so here we go.. 


Marina has just released Part 11 of the Electra Heart series and the music for the last video is dramatic and moody and who doesn't love to pretend they're in a music video to that shit? I enjoy the broken down style with cut up vocals.. 




Next choice goes on a slight genre tangent, American Girl by Bonnie Mckee! Pop-tastic, fun, girly and summery! I feel it has the Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe" effect and it will be played everywhere in no time. As far as I know Bonnie is a new artist, taking the wannabe hipster slant,  and the song is already pretty popular across the pond. I wish I could say that I was an American girl.. 




Third song pick, quite obvious really, Gaga APPPLLAAAAAUUUUUUSEEEEE.
Don't think I have to say much more do I.  I absolutely adore the song and can't wait for more. 



Last but not least, I've been loving AlunaGeorge's first album Body Music this week. I like all of the songs on the album, particularly Bad Idea and also their cover of This Is How We Do It.  Lots of sweet beats and chilled vibes..

No comments:

Post a Comment