Thursday 3 October 2013

September Favourites

October is now upon us so of course it's the time for a months worth of favourites. I originally wanted to do a collective haul of everything I bought throughout september (it was a lot) but to be honest I've lost track of some of the things I've bought and obviously some of it would not be relevant or interesting at all! So what I've done is chosen a couple of things from each category eg clothing, beauty & some miscellany relating to halloween! Without further ado.. 


First item of clothing is this Boucle style cardigan from Asos. It's so soft and cosy, and although it's isn't the thickest of materials, I think I'll be wearing it a lot under coats and jackets for Autumn and I've been making the most of wearing it by itself before it gets too too cold.

The second item is my most favourite purchase of September and it's my "Mohair Jewel Green Boyfriend" coat from Topshop. It's really oversized and slouchy and I absolutely adore the colour - I think it will be a winter staple and I won't be taking it off until next year! If you're thinking of getting one of the oversized boyfriend style coats I would say go a size down because they've been really generous with the sizing and even though I bought a 10, I still have room for jumpers and layers underneath! 

Buy Here
Buy Here
My next few favourites for the month are revolved around gold jewellery. I've always been more of a silver girl but I think this year I've completed swapped over to the gold side, I like a lot of chunky gold chains and big earrings to complete any outfit. The majority of my recent favourites are from New Look which has some really nice jewellery at the moment. 

The first piece is a pair of chain hooped earrings which I think look really nice with my new hair and I have been going back to my 12 year old chavvy stage with the big hoops! The necklace in the first picture is actually from Primark in a "Make Your Own" necklace set, so naturally I chose the word 'HUN' to hang around my neck (cringey or cute, I don't really know!). 

The second and third items are also from New Look. As mentioned in previous posts, I really like midi rings and thought this snake was really cute and different to the usual simple bands that are the form that most midi rings come in. The necklace was shown in my University OOTD post and I've worn it pretty much every day this week. I think it looks really nice underneath a shirt collar and just makes an outfit look more finished and dressy. 

New Look & Primark 
New Look 
New Look 

My beauty/makeup favourites for the month come in quite a random selection. My first is the Miracle Complexion Sponge by Real Techniques. I'm a big fan of Sam & Nic Chapman, following them on Youtube and via TWO magazine etc, and an even bigger fan of their makeup brushes. They're so well made and soft and the range to choose from is better than any I've tried before. I currently own the Powder Brush, Blush Brush, Expert Face Brush, Stippling Brush and now the Complexion Sponge. 

This sponge is so much nicer and a better quality than sponges I used to use when I was younger, have veered off them for a while, and it applies foundation like a lovely little egg shaped charm. The flat and rounded sides are good for applying different products but mostly I've just been using it to apply my foundation in the morning as it's so quick and easy! So a definite recommendation here! 

The second makeup product is the Bourjois 'Rose Mandarine' Number 39 Blush. I tend to stay away from these as I find that they are so so difficult to pick up on a makeup brush, it isn't the most pigmented of blushers so I've never really bothered however a few months ago Boots had an offer on Bourjois to get a blusher free when you spent so much, and I was already buying foundation so I chose this colour as my freebie. I left it untouched for a while but then I decided I wouldn't be defeated by it and took my expert face brush and just pressed and swirled it into the blusher quite firmly and it picked up enough colour to make a nice blush on my cheeks. The colour actually works really well with my bronzer and is a bit more toned down than a reddy/pinky colour that I might usually use. I've found that this past week I've wanted to use this colour more and as my tans fading, it keeps it looking a bit more glowy than a pinkish colour!


The third (and fourth, kind of) beauty picks are these nail varnishes. I really like Kate Moss' range in Rimmel, especially the lipsticks, and I had yet to try a nail varnish so I picked up the colour "Rock 'n' Roll" which is a nice bright red. I usually only go for red or black on my nails and this shade is a bit brighter than the ones I already have so it's a nice one to add to the bunch. 

I also got this 2 in 1 Base Coat by Collection. It is said to be a 'ridge filler' and smoother, which I desperately needed as my nails have still been a bit worn and uneven from having acrylics and this base coat really does the trick. You only need to apply one coat before your colour and it makes a perfect smooth base and any bumps or cracks in your nails go unnoticeable. I'm really impressed with this product and I'll keep using it until my nails are fully repaired. 


My last selections for the month are all HALLOWEEN related! I know it's not technically a september favourite as all the halloween goodies start to appear at the beginning of October but I did still buy some of these things at the end of last month. 

My favourite halloween decoration so far has to be this holographic photo frame from Asda. It was such a little bargain of £2 (it is only thin plastic) and it's just a cute little thing to have around the month of October, a little spook here and there. The photo is of a Bride & Groom and when you turn it to the side, which you can see here, the characters turn into skeletons! I absolutely love things like this, Halloween is my top favourite holiday and I just love looking at all the decorations and costumes and titbits to have around the house! 


My second favourite Autumn/Halloween/October themed item is this Yankee Candle. The scent is 'Spiced Orange' and it smells really tangy and sweet, just a nice smell to have burning in the corner of your room for a cosy night-in! Here he sits with another of my skeleton friends on the window-sill. 


My very last favourite is my iPad Mini. I've had this badboy since my birthday in August and at first I didn't particularly use it that much but now I can't be without it! I use it for social media, games & videos every night when I'm cosying in bed or watching the tele and my favourite game at the moment is The Simpsons Tapped Out. I have been playing this since Christmas last year, and if you ask any of my close friends they will tell you I'm obsessed with it and I don't think I've gone more than 2 days this year without playing it, saddo. I particularly love it at the moment as it has just changed to the Halloween theme and all the ghouls are flying around my little Springfield! 




Hope you liked this post, more reviews and Halloween Hauls to come.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment