Monday 7 October 2013

Autumn Red Nails

It is now the time of year when the only colour I want to paint on my nails is Red! Any shade will do, I just think it is one of the few colours that looks feminine and pretty with any outfit especially a bright classic red like this Rimmel Salon Pro colour I recently purchased. It is from the Kate Moss line called "Rock n Roll", I featured this in my september favourites video as it's one of my new favourites and I've been wearing the colour on repeat for about 2 weeks now! 

My routine for getting the most wear out of this varnish is to use a base and top coat with it. My favourite base coat is the Collection 2 in 1 Base Coat & Ridge Filler which creates such a nice smooth surface to paint on with just one coat. This also helps to fill in any cracks or ridges in your nails.. doing what it says on the bottle really! I then apply two coats of the Salon Pro nail varnish, letting it settle for a few minutes before I apply the top coat. The top coat is also a recent purchase and it is the Rimmel 3D Plumping Top Coat which is meant to give a gel-like finish that makes your nails look nice and rounded and plump. This applies quite easily however you have to be careful how thick you coat it on and a little goes quite a long way. I find that this top coat does give a plumping finish and makes your nails super shiny and like they're still wet, however thus making it difficult to tell when they're actually dry so you have to spend a good half hour or so waiting for them to dry. I also find that this varnish bubbles quite easily and will smudge if you knock them with something even when they feel to be dry, but if you have the patience to sit still (which I don't most of the time) you will get a nice finish and pretty plumpish nails. 

I've taken a few pictures of the products and how they look on my nails. I personally have extremely shit nails and definitely not the best to be showcasing how a nail varnish looks but you can get the gist and see how they look shiny and raised. The colour does look darker than these pictures in real life as my bright bedroom lights are making them look more orangey in the photos. Check out one of my bezzies blogs for definite hand/nail model potential (and a sweeeeet fashion and beauty blog) NineteenNightyThree


Collection 2 in 1 Base Coat & Ridge Filler
Rimmel Salon Pro 'Rock n Roll' by Kate Moss
Rimmel Finishing Touch 3D Plumping Top Coat

I'm missing the big apple a lot - hence snow-globe





No comments:

Post a Comment