Thursday 9 January 2014

Sleek Palette & Contour Kit Review

I'm one of those people who is all about affordable drugstore makeup that works well and reflects a high-end product. I don't fork out on expensive products often as I like to pick up new cheaper things that I have heard good things about (or just look interesting to me) and can try without the fuss of much money being lost if I don't like them. Most of my makeup collection comes from Boots, UK high-street pharmacy, as I have a large store close to me which carries the most makeup lines and always has stock of new collections.  

I've been aware of Sleek Makeup for a while, correct me if I'm wrong but I think it started off as quite a small collection in Superdrug and then has branched out with a wider range in Boots. If you know me by this blog you'll know I'm quite a loyal follower of the Pixiwoo sisters and I have seen them use Sleek products before, including one of the palettes, but never tried them until now. My sister is very into their range of palettes and recommended my first one should be the 'au naturel' palette which was fine by me as my daily makeup consists of natural hues as I'm far too lazy to experiment further with the little time I have in the mornings. 

At first glance I was impressed with the colours in the palette and they are very similar to that of an Urban Decay Naked palette and they are all shades that I would definitely use on a daily basis. The lighter colours will serve me well as highlighters and a lot of the darker shades I can use for liners as well as eyeshadow. The palette is really highly pigmented and what you would get from a more expensive product and there's little difference between this palette and my Mac & Urban Decay shadows. 

Colours from LtoR: Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast Taupe
Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir

While the "buy one get one half price"offer was on the Sleek range, I thought I would also try the Face Contour Kit as I didn't yet have a powder highlighter I had always used creams. I bought the Medium kit as my skin tone is more olivey than pale and the bronzer is the perfect colour and works suprisingly well at bringing out my cheekbones whereas usually I would use a lighter bronzer (see, you never know if you never try!).  The powder highlighter is an alternative that I will probably be using more often than my Benefit High Beam which I feel is sometimes too dewy for the daytime and more disruptive to your makeup underneath. All in all, two good purchases and I'm definitely going to look at the other palettes from Sleek and see if I can find the Brow Kit to try out.. 


I love the clean cut black packaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment